Green Spa Certification Program Requirements:
Spas and salons must meet 60% of the following requirements in order to be recognized as an Eminence Organics Green Spa.
- Use power strips in treatment rooms and office areas and turn them off when equipment is not in use.
- Use reusable or biodegradable options whenever possible with your food and beverage services instead of paper and plastic cups, plates and flatware.
- Establish an in-spa recycling awareness program. Place recycling bins next to trash cans with clearly marked signs indicating what constitutes acceptable waste.
- Use natural, non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning supplies instead of chemical-based products.
- Limit the amount of linens provided to guests. Offer only what they may need with the option of additional linens upon request. This would include towels, robes, etc.
- Purchase all condiments and supplies (cream, sugar, paper goods, and hand soaps) in bulk. This is also a wise financial choice.
- Buy organic and Fair Trade coffee.
- Adjust A/C by two degrees in the summer and turn your thermostat down two degrees in the winter to use less energy. This will also save you money on your hydro bills.
- Use halogen, LED, CLF or low-voltage track lighting in at least 50% of your sources.
- Program all computer monitors to sleep mode after 15 minutes or more.
- Use filtered water taps instead of buying bottles of drinking water. This is a cheaper alternative to buying bottled water and limits waste.
- Print all marketing materials on recycled paper with eco-friendly inks.
- Reuse paper for in-spa memos, notes, scratch paper.
- Display the Eminence Organics Green Brochure in prominent areas around your spa.
- Designate time at staff meetings to discuss new and existing environmental efforts.
- Provide staff with information on how they can improve their green efforts at home as well in the spa.
Yet another reason to choose The Body Oasis - managing your green footprint by booking with ours